|Distances in km from Saint-Gilles to :|
Mas de l'Espérance
Chemin de l' espérance
At the « Camargue »’s gate
Mas de l'Espérance is situated at the Carmague’s gate, a naturally rich and diverse area.
Not to miss :
- Nîmes and its Roman artefacts such as the arena, the « Roman Temple», the amphitheater, or the Magne Tower. And nearby, the Roman Aqueduct of the “Pont du Gard”, and the city of Uzès.
- Arles, at the Carmague’s door, a joyful and colorful Roman city, right next to Rhône river, proud of its traditions and preserved way of life.
- The city of Avignon, known as “The City of the Popes”, a cultural living center renowned for its world famous theater festival.
- The Saintes Maries de la Mer, capital of the Camargue, land of wild bulls and Christian and Gipsy devotions. A small and animated picturesque little city, famous for its annual pilgrimage in the honor of Saint Sara.
- Aigues-Mortes, King St Louis’s city, masterpiece of medieval military architecture. Its fortified walls are raised proudly in the midst of the lagunas.
- And of course the “Pont du Gard”, part of the UNESCO world heritage and the charming cities of Saint-Rémy de Provence, Uzès, les Baux-de-Provence and Montpellier.
Natural sites and cultural visits
From Mas de l'Espérance you may start your journey towards the cultural and historical wonders of the area.
Here are some ideas of how to discover the area :
Start the day by visiting the beautifully preserved Roman city of Nîmes, its arenas, the Roman Temple known as the “Maison carrée”, the Gardens of the Fountain and its ruins, the “Magne” tower, the castel, the amphitheatre…
Then, not far from there, visit the amazing aqueduct of the “Pont du Gard”, and the city of Uzès.
For further information : www.ot-nimes.fr
You could then visit the Roman and medieval city of Arles, which now belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage thanks to its striking rehabilitation, its amphitheater, Antic theater, and cathedral.
For further information : www.ville-arles.fr
Please not that two of the cities close to our domain organize renowned ferias. If you wish, you can experience this unbelievable atmosphere, and discover this world famous custom.
For further information : www.feriaarles.com and www.viva-la-feria.com
Don’t forget Avignon, the City of Popes and its famous theater festival, every summer.
For further information : www.festival-avignon.com
And if you plan on staying longer, there is also Saint-Rémy de Provence, and the Beaux-de-Provence…
30 mn away from the sea, in the midst of Camargue
Mas de l'Espérance is situated less than 30 minutes away from the Mediterranean sea, in southern area called “Camargue”.
An ideal location to enjoy peaceful and beautiful sceneries while remaining close to the sea.
The domain is located at a strategic crossroad in the South of France, allowing to discover different regions such as the Cévennes, the Lubéron, and all the savors and fragrances of Provence.
The markets of Camargue
The French « Camargue » is known for its many Provençal markets.
From « Hope Lodge », you may attend the following markets :
- Saint-Gilles, on Sunday mornings
- Uzès, on Saturday mornings
- Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, on Monday and Friday mornings
- Arles, on Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Nîmes, on Friday mornings, and its covered market open every day from 8:00am to 1:00pm